Last updated on: August 6, 2017 (first version)
- Quizista GmbH ("Quizista", "we", "us", "our", or "ours") is committed to protecting its users' ("users", "you", "your", or "yours") privacy rights as much as we expect others to respect ours.
- In order to provide quality products and services and relevant content and advertisements to you, certain information and data, which may include personally identifiable information ("PII"), will be explicitly provided by you to--or may otherwise be obtained by--us, the providers of technologies and services we rely on, and commercial partners of ours. For example, your geographic location determines in which regional rankings you get to compete and may help us or our partners to show ads that are more likely to be relevant to you. At some point we will also use it to select the most appropriate questions for you.
- The purpose of this policy statement (this "Policy") is to be reasonably transparent about the kinds of data we request or obtain, and the purposes for which we will or will not use your data.
- Note that we reserve the right to modify this Policy anytime without notice. Whenever we do, the date of the last update will be indicated right before this section.
- This Policy covers the websites and apps specified in this section (collectively, the "Services").
- Covered websites include www.quizcover.com, www.quizista.com, and www.boosterback.com (collectively, the "Websites").
- Covered apps include the iOS version and (not yet available) Android version of Quizcover (collectively, the "Apps").
3. Your Agreement
- By using a Service, you express your agreement to this Policy and consent to the processing of your data, including your PII, in accordance with this Policy.
- If you do not agree to this Policy or the processing of your data in accordance with it, please do not use any Service.
4. Information and Data
We may request and/or obtain the following information and data from or about you:
- email address
- App-related password (stored on our servers only in the form of an encrypted hash)
- App-related user name
- voluntary App user profile information, including, but not limited to, profile pictures, gender, information related to your age (such as your birthyear), and IDs of and links to your profiles on social networks (such as Facebook)
- continent, country, state, and city (we may determine your continent and country based on your IP address and/or information provided by an operating system, but any other location information will have to be entered by you or will be obtained only with your prior express content)
- exact coordinates of your location (only with your prior express consent)
- gameplay data (such as your actions in the game and interactions with other players)
- technical and configuration-related data such as IP address, network name, device name, operating system name and version, browser name and language
- We, our service providers, partners, and affiliates may use certain tracking technologies, including, but not limited to, cookies, beacons, scripts, and tags in order to identify a device (such as a computer or mobile phone), to automate (in whole or in part) your authentication, to remember your preferences, and to determine what information may be most relevant to you. You can disable cookies anytime in your browser; however, if you do so, certain features may become unavailable.
5. Third-Party Technologies
- Our Services rely on certain third-party technologies and services that may also collect information and data, including PII, from and about you. Those third-party technologies and services include, but (sine we may make changes to our technology stack) are not necessarily limited to, the ones mentioned in this section.
- Our Apps use Firebase, a technology and service belonging to Google Inc., for the storage of user data, including your game-related preferences, achievements, and records, for your interaction with other players in the form of challenges and duels, for your question-specific feedback,
- Our Apps use Amazon Web Services ("AWS") in the United States and potentially also other countries for the storage of gameplay-related data such as your points, levels, and ranking positions.
- Our Apps use Zendesk for storing your general (not question-specific) feedback.
- Our Apps use Loggly for storing information on technical issues that may occur.
- Our Apps use, and our Websites may use, Facebook technologies such as Like buttons. The features enabling you to interact with Facebook friends in any of our Apps store data concerning your friends only locally on your device(s).
- Our Apps use advertising networks such as Google Admob, which may collect information and data about you, including, but not limited to, the advertising IDs of mobile operating systems.
6. Information and Data
- We collect, store, and use your information and data only for purposes directly related to providing and optimizing our Services to you, for communication with you, and for technical and market(ing)-related research, and internal reports.
Examples of how we use your information and data include, but are not limited to:
- the creation and administration of App user accounts
- the operation and optimization of our Services
- the optimization of your user experience through the provision of features, content, and advertisements reasonably likely to be relevant to you
- the optimization of the design, technical performance, stability, and security of our Services
- our communication with you, including, but not limited to, answering your questions and promotions
- your communication and gameplay with other users, such as in the form of challenges and duels
- your gameplay progress
- contests, tournaments, and rankings
- fraud and crime prevention
- Additional purposes of collecting and using information and data from or about you may be explained on-screen.
- We may be required by applicable laws and regulations to collect and use your information and data for additional purposes.
7. Sharing With and Disclosure to Third Parties
- We may rely on third-party technologies and services including, but not limited to, the ones specified in Section 5.
- We may use other companies and persons to provide services to us or to perform services on our behalf, including, but not limited to, technical support, market research, and other forms of data analysis. As a result, such third parties may have access to your information and data, but we will require them to contractually commit to your privacy in accordance with this Policy.
- We may share and disclose your information and data in cases in which we have a reasonable basis for believing that it is permitted or even required by applicable laws and regulations. Such scenarios include, but are not limited to, court orders (such as a subpoena), government requests, or situations in which we take reasonable measures to protects the safety, privacy, property, or any other rights of our users, our company, our employees, our service providers, or other parties.
- In the event of a merger or sale of our assets, or a sale, transfer, or issuances of shares in our company, we may share your information and data. In such a scenario, you will be notified by email and/or news and/or messages in our Apps and/or notices on our Websites of a transaction. However, no such notice will be required if a cross-border merger occurs, provided that the ownership structure of the new entity is identical to that of the original entity.
- We may share your information and data with third parties in cases in which you have expressed your prior consent and/or have given us express instructions that require the sharing and/or disclosure of your information and data.
- We will share only aggregated and/or anonymized information with advertisers, business/marketing partners, sponsors, and other third parties.
- We are not restricted in our ability to transfer information with affiliated corporate entities regardless of the jurisdiction in which they are based, but we will require our affiliates to comply with this Policy.
8. Data Retention
- We will retain your information and data for as long as your account exists.
- If you participate in rankings, your user name will stay on those rankings unless and until you request your deletion from any rankings you participated in.
- We may have to retain and use your information and data for such legal reasons as statutory data retention requirements, dispute resolution, enforcement of our contractual and other rights, court orders, government requests.
9. Data Protection
- We shall take commercially reasonable measures to protect your information and data from and against unauthorized retrieval, deletion, or modification by third parties, relating to how we transmit your personal information and data as well as how we store, analyze, and use your information and data.
- Despite our commercially reasonable efforts, we cannot guarantee that third parties may manage to overcome, disable, or circumvent our security safeguards. Therefore, we cannot and do not make warranties or representations that our data protection efforts will always prevent the unauthorized retrieval, deletion, or modification of your information and data by third parties.
- Our Services are designed for, and intented to be used by, persons that are least 13 years old.
- We do not want to receive or obtain information and data from persons under the age of 13. If you are younger than 13, we ask you not to share any information about yourself with us, including, but not limited to, your name, postal address, email address, or telephone number.
- If and when we find out that we have collected information and data from a person under the age of 13, we shall erase such information without undue delay. We encourage anyone who reasonably believes that we might have obtained or stored information from or about a person under the age of 13 to inform us immediately (see the next section for contact data).
11. Your Rights
- If you have any questions, concerns, or requests related to your privacy, you may contact Quizista's Data Privacy Officer anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or the following postal address:
Quizista GmbH, Datenschutzbeauftragter, Wolfratshauser Str. 53, D-82049 Pullach i. Isartal, Germany
- You have the right to request a copy of your PII that we have stored. If you would like to receive such a copy, please contact our Data Privacy Officer and note that we may charge a small amount for this.
- You may request modification (including corrections) and removal of your PII by contacting our Data Privacy Officer.
- You may request that your PII not be used for marketing purposes. Emails will come with an unsubscribe link. You can also contact our Data Privacy Officer for this purpose.
- We will endeavor to respond within a reasonably short time frame to any of your privacy-related questions or requests.
12. Final Provisions
- Should a court or other competent authority hold any of the terms of this Policy to be invalid or unenforceable, the other terms will not be affected.
- This Policy is governed by and interpreted under the laws of Germany. Any dispute arising in connection with this Policy will be under the exclusive jurisdiction of German courts except in cases in which your country of residence allows you to complain under the laws of your country.